Here is what I've gleaned from my short time here:
1) There are a lot of old school signs with fun items/characters. A giant cowboy pointing to his liquor store. Massive giraffes welcoming you to a pool/spa retail store. Massive donuts above their siblings' abode. This sign, while not of a character, is maybe my favorite I've seen so far:
![]() |
| Two of my favorite things. |
3) It is important to put notices in parking lots that it is not advisable to loiter, litter, solicit or brandish firearms.
And 4th, and perhaps most importantly, we are being welcomed with open arms. Students and counselors are so excited about the University of Maryland. Last night at a college fair, Greg Schaub (one of our very active Recruit-a-Terp alums) and I met with about 50 students and their families, who were interested in our academics and athletics, particularly pre-med, Engineering, GVPT and Business. When we talked about our location, that definitely sealed the deal. I met a world class rock climber (she's nationally ranked in the top ten and just climbed for the US in Switzerland), and the top rated guitarist in the state of Dallas.
Miss you all and see you next week.
Yeehaw!
| Hook 'em horns! |
| Cactus! |

No comments:
Post a Comment